It’s the last week of school for most moms in West Michigan and I have just a couple ideas for you:
1. First, touch base one last time with your child’s teachers.
They’ve spent the year with your child and probably have a good idea of where their struggles and strengths are, so get the teacher’s input on things you can work on with your student over the summer.
- See if the teacher has any recommendations for books or projects to prepare them for next year.
- If possible take your student to their new class and meet their teacher for next year.
2. Second thing is: A lot of us moms scrapbook so, while it’s fresh in your mind, go through pictures of the school year and grab the ones you want to use for scrapbooking this summer.
- Ask your child, what was their favorite part of 3rd grade??
- What are some of the highlights and fun times they had. Because by the end of summer this past school year will be a blur.
Enjoy this last week moms!! And brace yourself because summer is just around the corner. Next week we’ll talk about some summer survival tips for moms.